Manganin Shunt Resistor
A shunt is a precision resistor made of copper and manganin, which is an alloy of typically 84% copper, 12% manganese, and 4% nickel.
Manganin is used in the manufacturing of resistors, particularly ammeter shunts, because of its low TCR (temperature coefficient of resistance) value and long term stability.
The most common manganin materials in China are 6J13 and 6J12. Accordingly, there are two kinds of shunt: 6J13 manganin shunt is precision enough for most applications, 6J12 manganin shunt is rarely chosen because of its high price.
- T2 Copper, 6J13 / 6J12 Manganin, temperature coefficient as low as 20 / 40 ppm/K;
- High accuarcy, resistance tolerance <±3% or <±5% ;
- Electron beam welding (EBW) or Spot welding, smooth surface, no visible welds;
- We accept custom design and provide free samples, which are usually manufactured by wire-cut electrical discharge machining (EDM);
- Sophisticated stamping toolings ensure the precision and stability of shunt’s resistance.
- Meet the requirements of standard IEC 62053-21/22/23, GB6145-99 F2;
- Used for Electrical measuring instruments, electrical protective devices, current sensing modules, automatic control system, and so on
- Q: I’m interested in your shunts. Can we start from a small order?
- A: Yes, we accept trail orders of small quantity. We fully understand the risk to shift to a new supplier.
- Q: Can you deliver some samples for test?
- A: No problem. We always provide free samples to our customers, but the express fee will be paid by receivers.
- Q: Why cannot find the shunts I wanted in your website?
- A: Considering the loading time, we only presented a few popular shunts in our webpages. Please tell us the parameters you wanted, and we’ll select some suitable ones from our products database for you. We can also design some new ones according to your drawing and specification.
- Q: What is your terms of payment?
- A: We accept T/T, L/C. For trial orders, we also accept Western Union, Paypal.
- Q: Do you test each piece of the shunts before delivery?
- A: Yes, we have 100% test of critical parameters, such as resistance value, weld reliability and so on.